- Scalable Component Abstractions (PDF) by Martin Odersky
- Real-World Scala: Dependency Injection (DI) by Jonas Bonér
- Component Based Dependency Injection in Scala
- Taming the Cake Pattern with Type Macros
- Proof of Concept: Cake Pattern Type Macros
Check out my GitHub project implementing the cake pattern type macros:
- Inversion of Control Containers and the Dependency Injection Pattern by Martin Fowler.
- Martin Odersky's Scala Days 2012 Keynote. Discussion on the Cake Pattern starts at about the 8 minute mark.
- Daniel Spiewak's 2013 Northeast Scala Symposium Keynote: Cake Pattern: The Bakery from the Black Lagoon
- Nice article and some useful cake pattern resources at the bottom as well: Dependencies and Modules In Scala
Some useful talks and papers on type macros:
- Martin Odersky talks about macros in the keynote linked to above.
- Project Kepler: Compile-Time Metaprogramming for Scala: Scala Days 2012 talk by Eugene Burmako & Jan Christopher Vogt
- The above talks are on def macros. We start into type macros with Eugene's talk on Macro Paradise
- Scala Macros: Let Our Powers Combine! (PDF) by Eugene Burmako